Man held on $500,000 bond, accused of selling meth and bath salts | Crime
A Newport man is being held in lieu of $500,000 bond, accused of selling meth and bath salts.
According to Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas, deputies and officers with the Diaz Police Department recently executed a search warrant on the home of Jerry Lamar Ellis.
Inside the home, located in the 1300-block of Cindy Lane, officers reportedly found a loaded weapon and a large amount of ammunition.
Lucas said investigators also found methamphetamine in the form of ICE, bath salts and hydrocodone pills.
Deputies arrested Ellis at the scene and took him to the Jackson County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver (methamphetamine)
- Possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver (bath salts)
- Possession of a controlled substance (hydrocodone)
- Simultaneous possession of drugs and firearms
- Possession of firearms by certain persons
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
Ellis was arraigned in Newport District Court where Judge Barbara Griffin set his bond at $500,000 and ordered him to appear in Circuit Court on Wednesday, August 7.
Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.